Thursday, March 5, 2009

The unforgetable 26th Birthday Moment.


I arrived about 12 o'clock at midnite.Slowly come out from the car and looked around.The building almost deserted ...Only few cars parking in front of the building.The lobby of the building quite huge.What can I see only 2 guys in uniform about 50metres far in front of me.

I start to walk and cross the huge lobby to the 2 guys with the uniform. They just stared at me when they start to realize I will seem to approach them. The place really quite at this hours..and also looks and sound a bit scary.

"En., saya nak tukar shift," both guys in uniform just nodded without saying a word.They seem to understand my purpose and allowed me to enter.I'm quickly walk straight to the lift..The area really look gloomy...But i just don't even bother.Quickly get myself into the lift.I push the button which stated 3.The lift closed very slow,and inside of the lift quite dark.That time I start to think something spooky..but then I just ignore the spooky imagination..

Once the lift open..I walk out and straight away looking to the signboard..showing Wad Kenanga B.Yes finally...I follow the sign I met my dad lying on the bed in the ward.I give him a smile and kiss his hand.

For the 1st time my dad and I really spend our quality time to talk each other..We've a chat,talking about my work, his illness,also a bit about my life and his concern about my others 2 little sister.I guess almost a few years I never eagerly wanna to have a chat with him due to something happens in our family..Make our relationship almost tear apart. I didn't even care or call him to ask how is he..only my dad willing to call and ask about me for years...

Now I start to realize everything or anything happen nothing can break the ties between the daughter and her dad.No Birthday present,no birthday wish...but the care he show...is enough to show how much he love me still..After we talked long enough I've to make my move that nite..In my heart the joy and the sadness had become one.Sad to see my dad condition...very ill and weak..happy for the 1st time in my life I had spend 26th birthday with my dad..I will never forget the moment forever.

Walk out from the hospital..I feel the half of missing part in my life already found..

2 comments:

Mohammad Syahman bin Abu Hasan said...

Sarah..Kuatkan semangat. Doakan semoga dia disembuhkan dan dapat menjalani kehidupan seperti biasa... Amin...

Cwynire said...

I'm happy that u're happy. I hope your Dad will get well soon - haven't seen him in years. Entahlah bile pulak akan berjumpa, with what's happened. Not everyone has the pleasure of having their mother or father still around so it's best to show them we care & love them while we have the chance ... regardless of any crisis in the relationship along the way. Take care & kirim salam to Pak Ngah for me - tell him I wish him well. U take care of yourself too :)